mortal sin/venial sin
mortar and pestle
Did you know: Is there a word for the individual prongs of a fork ?shibboleth pernicious grammar proverb mortally - 5 dictionary results.
mor·tal /ˈmɔrtl/ Show Spelled
[mawr-tl] Show IPA
1. subject to death; having a transitory life: all mortal creatures.
2. of or pertaining to human beings as subject to death; human: this mortal life.
3. belonging to this world.
EXPAND4. deadly or implacable; relentless: a mortal enemy. 5. severe, dire, grievous, or bitter: in mortal fear. 6. causing or liable to cause death; fatal: a mortal wound. 7. to the death: mortal combat. 8. of or pertaining to death: the mortal hour. 9. involving spiritual death ( opposed to venial): mortal sin. 10. long and wearisome. 11. extreme; very great: in a mortal hurry. 12. conceivable; possible: of no mortal value to the owners. COLLAPSE
13. a human being.
14. the condition of being subject to death. .
Cat & Dog Health Issues Questions & Concerns Answered
Use mortally in a Sentence
See images of mortally
Search mortally on the Web
1325–75; Middle English < Latin mortālis, equivalent to mort- (stem of mors ) death + -ālis -al1
non·mor·tal, adjective, noun
EXPANDpre·mor·tal, adjective pre·mor·tal·ly, adverb un·mor·tal, adjective COLLAPSE
6. See fatal.
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.
Cite This Source
Link To mortally
World English Dictionary
mortal (ˈmɔːt ə l)
1. (of living beings, esp human beings) subject to death
2. of or involving life or the world
3. ending in or causing death; fatal: a mortal blow
4. deadly or unrelenting: a mortal enemy
5. of or like the fear of death; dire: mortal terror
6. great or very intense: mortal pain
7. possible: there was no mortal reason to go
8. slang long and tedious: for three mortal hours
9. a mortal being
10. informal a person: a mean mortal
[C14: from Latin mortālis, from mors death]
Could one correctly use the term "emotionally mortally wounded?"
are a waste of time, fluid and energy
is a wasted emotion
especially at the hands of those most trusted
even if in relation to an emotion
passed and released into another realm---
no longer to exist
Survival can only exist by acknowledging "loss"
as in the loss of an arm or a leg
There are those who have
achieved some type of acclaim
in spite of such a loss
I have no desire for acclaim
I can only acknowledge "loss"
I can only pray for direction....
"Lord!!!!! How do I even move?"