Saturday, September 25, 2010



layers of years
no vision

just tears

knowing only the hurt
not the why

still i cry

my only friend pain
knows me well

i remain

no name


Temporary setback caused by some family confrontation. Not sure if I've done the right thing but then if I hadn't I would have spent the rest of my life wondering......what if?  I tell myself that people don't change. At least I can't and shouldn't expect others to change. But for myself, I hope that at least one person will remember me as someone who went down swinging trying to make my life and the lives I touch a better place to not just exist but enjoy. I'm sure I cause and inflict pain on some and for that I can only say I'm sorry. I do not harbor any malicious intent but occasionally need to exercise a little self defense. Truly--this day, this hour--my heart feels only love and good intentions for all those around me and affected by my life.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear this reminds me of some poetry I wrote 10 years ago....good to get it out
    but look for joy under every rock it is there!
    then your poetry will take a leap
    of profound understanding
    I so honor the poet within you

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know. if you were defending those you care about i imagine you did what needed to be done...i am glad you can write about it...and walk away from it...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-D Love always wins in the end and sometimes we have to stand and shout and cry and stand some more... God be with you, my blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete