Sunday, May 2, 2010

The close of a great
day

The beginning of a new
decade


Children
Grandchildren
Friends
Family


Time spent with the past
and the future


You and me
Mine and yours


Youth and Age
Time and turmoil


You lay in bed watching the tube
I sit and read poems on the net


I love chimes and solitude
You love The Stones and me


You want time to stay and 
the years to be savored


I love change and
confronting the unknown


I believe you are mine...
I know you well


But then...
I know you will
never divulge
the
core
of
you


You believe I am yours...
you know me well


But then
I know that I can't
allow myself
to
become
vulnerable
once
again


You give yourself to me
I give myself to you


Just not totally
Just not today


Even on a perfect day
Like Today

3 comments:

  1. and i think that is exactly the way God intended...though some would beg to differ...the only one we are responsible for giving all of ourselves to is Him!! and isn't there freedom in that?! and sometimes perfect days are the hardest to open up fully...the happier the moment...the more guarded the heart...for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting history in a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-birthday-christina.html

    I know you may have noticed it,
    in case you need anything from there,
    please feel free to take them.

    ReplyDelete