Monday, May 10, 2010

Ever have a brilliant thought
that flees straight from your mind

You wonder, will it return
Have I the chance to find...

The moment that I'd love to share
with those I love to love

It's gone-alas
this fleet idea
and left me here alone.


A thought went up my mind to-day
That I have had before,
But did not finish,---some way back,
I could not fix the year,

Nor where it went, nor why it came
The second time to me,
Nor definitely what it was,
Have I the art to say.

But somewhere in my soul, I know
I've met the thing before;
It just reminded me--'t was all--
And came my way no more.

E.D.---of course ;)

2 comments:

  1. do i ever know what you mean! i have often wondered if it is because the people around me aren't the greatest of listeners...that it seems to be a waste of my breath to try and explain it to them. maybe that's just me...
    so, if it ever comes back to you, try and grab it quickly, and find a pen and paper because i would love to hear what it is!

    ReplyDelete